Tuesday 29 January 2013

Cleaning session 1



















This is the first piece that I decided to clean. It was already detached from the wooden base unit as the thin strip of wood that it screwed into had broken off in transit.

Firstly, I do not know the name of this part and cannot find it in the 'List of parts' manual. Secondly, only one of the five parts has a part number (Simanco 124387) - the others do not. It appears to be some kind of latch that secures the sewing machine to the base unit.

When cleaning it, the rubber/leather piece embedded in one end of the Simanco 124387 piece (see below) was so mangled and covered in muck that I decided to take it out. You can see my screwdriver head pointing at it below:













If anyone out there has a replacement for this then PLEASE let me know!


Update

I have used MAAS metal polish to clean some of the above parts and am quite pleased with the end result (see below):



















The next part to be cleaned was this one:






















Although it is pretty clean to start with, I am giving everything the once over, whilst at the same time trying to identify the part numbers and name them.



















(After cleaning)


No comments:

Post a Comment