Monday 28 January 2013

Singer 99k-31 Restoration Project (Phase 1)


Introduction




I recently bought a Singer 99k-31 model (see above). It was manufactured in 1956, has a reverse feature, and is operated by a hand crank mechanism.

This is my first ever Singer sewing machine and I am very proud to finally own one of these little (but heavy) beauties. I am looking to clean it up and restore it to its former glory before using it but do not know where to start :(

I am hoping that there will be people out there with the knowledge and know-how to help me along my journey. I am posting a few pictures and would like to know if there are any parts missing. If anyone out there has one, has restored one, is a Singer expert, or has a keen eye then please help me in looking for any missing parts.

Thank you kindly in advance.





































In the two pictures above (with the pencil) I spotted something that seems amiss! I found a very small rectangular piece of metal that looks like it could fit to the 'hinged finger' (as it is called in the instruction manual) but I do not know what should have been there originally. If someone could please help me out with this, I would be very grateful.

That's all for now folks ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment